What does undermount sink mean? And how is it installed? We will answer your questions in this practical guide which will explain how to install Evhoc products.
If you're looking for a stylish and functional solution to your kitchen space, then an undermount sink could be the perfect solution for you.
But what exactly is it about? Unlike traditional sinks, which are mounted above the countertop, an undermount sink is installed below the counter, thus giving the space a clean, uninterrupted look.
It offers numerous aesthetic and practical advantages. With the sink edge hidden away, you'll enjoy a smooth, easy-to-clean work surface with no obstructions or protrusions.
In this brief guide we will also see how to install an undermount sink. We will explain to you step by step how to proceed with the installation of Evhoc products, from the necessary equipment to the details of the installation process, you will be guided through each phase in a clear and simple way.
So, if you're ready to add a touch of elegance to your kitchen space and want to know how to install an undermount sink correctly, continue reading our guide and you'll find out everything you need to know about Evhoc’s products.
We will explore:
- The advantages of the undermount sink
- Undermount sink: when is this solution convenient?
- How to install undermount sinks by Evhoc
- Some examples of undermount sinks
- Ask for a free consultation to find out which undermount model is right for you
The advantages of the undermount sink
Undermount sinks are characterized by being installed below the kitchen top, making the sink, once installed, perfectly aligned with the work surface.
It is essential to check the feasibility of this option, considering the dimensions of the sinks available and making sure that there is enough space under the countertop to place the sink bowl.
The assessment is particularly important in the case of older kitchens, where there are often numerous pipes and branches under the sink which would prevent undermount installation.
Once you've determined the feasibility, it's important to consider the pros and cons of this setup. Among the advantages of the undermount sink, a notable aspect is the cleaner and more sophisticated, "disappearing" design.
In addition to the aesthetic aspect, the undermount sink is easier to clean thanks to the absence of edges and unevenness with the worktop. This convenience is particularly useful when you have little time available and you want to clean the sink quickly to be able to devote yourself to other activities.
The undermount sink also allows you to optimize the space in the kitchen, making the environment more functional and practical. Finally, this solution is extremely versatile, with a wide range of models available: in the Evhoc collections you can find sinks with one or two bowls, with or without accessories, rectangular or square in shape, to satisfy every need and stylistic preference.
Undermount sink: when is this solution convenient?
Choosing an undermount sink depends on several factors, including aesthetics, functionality, and budget:
- Aesthetic aspect: the undermount sink gives an elegant and clean look to the kitchen. The hidden edges of the sink create a continuous and uniform surface, which can be particularly suitable for modern or minimalist design kitchens.
- Ease of cleaning: undermounts are easier to clean than traditional sinks. Since there are no protrusions or joints between the countertop and the sink, you can simply sweep the residue right into the sink without any obstructions..
- Countertop materials: if your countertop is made of materials such as granite, marble or quartz, installing an undermount sink can highlight the beauty of the countertop by being borderless and uneven.
- Customization: undermount models come in many shapes and sizes, allowing for more customization in choosing the sink that fits your needs. You can choose between single or double sinks, larger or smaller sizes, depending on the space available and your preferences.
However, it's also important to consider the potential drawbacks of an undermount model. For example, a higher cost than traditional sinks, the need for proper installation from professionals and to have space below the worktop. Make sure you weigh the pros and cons carefully before making a decision.
How to install undermount sinks by Evhoc
To install a sink correctly, we always recommend hiring an expert. In case you want to proceed independently, there are still some steps that you absolutely must respect when installing an undermount sink:
- Insert the sink into the opening. You may need to cut part of the cabinet partition under the sink. The width and height of the hole should match that of the sink, adding an extra centimeter.
- Secure the sink from below with clamps. You must tighten evenly and be careful not to crush the sealing tape.
- Insert and turn on the faucet.
- Replace the siphon. Again, apply silicone sealant or sealing tape around the edges of the sink to prevent water seeping underneath.
Evhoc guarantees you all the assistance you need in evaluating the right product and giving you all the technical information necessary for installation.
The best undermount sinks from Evhoc
After reading our guide, have you decided to install an undermount model? Here are some models from the Evhoc collection to choose from.
LUMIUM undermount in stainless steel
Made of stainless steel with a brilliant scotch-brite satin finish, Lumium is a sink that in the undermount version fits perfectly into any type of kitchen. It offers installation recessed into the top, optimizing the overall aesthetic appearance. It is available with one or two bowls, depending on the space requirements.
The tanks present a depth of 20cm, with a single slope that facilitates the drainage of the water. The outer edge of the sink is rounded with a 10mm radius, while the inner corners are hand-bevelled with a large 12mm radius, making rinsing and cleaning easier.
With its flawless design, the Lumium undermount sink is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a stylish and highly functional option for their kitchen..
UNICUM undermount in Kuarzite
In the S and L under-top versions, Unicum is recessed into the kitchen top, making it ideal for those who love to cook and have an easy-to-clean surface available.
The sink bowl features a wide and deep bottom with a height of 20cm and a unique slope, ensuring efficient water drainage. The internal corners have been carefully rounded with a 5mm radius, eliminating sharp edges and facilitating cleaning operations.
Unicum also offers different finishing options to suit personal tastes. You can choose from colors such as black, concrete grey, white and taupe, allowing you to match the sink to your preferred style and aesthetic.
With its contemporary design, optimal functionality and choice of attractive colours, Unicum undermount is an ideal option for those who want a distinctive style and a practical solution in their kitchen.
Ask for a free consultation to find out which undermount model is right for you
Contact us to request personalized advice on choosing the ideal products for your kitchen or for any doubts or technical information on our solutions. Our team of experts is always ready to listen to your needs and requirements to recommend the best product for your kitchen.
We will be happy to answer you as soon as possible and give you all the support you need: we will endeavor to provide you all our support, to make your kitchen the space you've always dreamed of for cooking, sharing special moments and creating unforgettable memories for you and for your loved ones.